This user hasn't shared any profile information
Posts by Jacques Kallis
What is search engine marketing? This is the question that I have asked so many people but many of them could not explain in better way. I also asked the same question to many webmasters. Similarly in the same passion I sat with SEO and SEM experts and concluded the following results.
I observe Search Engine Marketing ( SEM ) as a somewhat expansive expression. It is the super set of technologies that are used in order to increase the web site traffic and its page rank. SEM use useful contents and w3 standars code used in the webpage. SEM is also used to increase the business.
Some best aspects that we want to share are not included in SEO ( Search Engine Optimization )
1. Paid Inclusion
It is the process of adding our site directly to search engines. We can also add our site to top directories having authentication by top ten search engines like GOOGLE, YAHOO, ASK etc. This method is used to get indexed the website we are working on.
2. Traditional Ads
In this process we add our site on SERPS ( Search Engine Results Pages). These pages are also called indexed pages by search engines. These should be indexed on the basis of keywords.
3. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
These are just text and hyper links. These are handled by advertisers. Google Adsense is one of the best example we see live. This will enhance the traffic to your website.
Mostly we write SEO for Search Engine Optimization and SEM for Search Engine Marketing. These are two different names but having 80% same functionality and concepts of web site optimization. In the world of internet every day we are facing different new technologies and web based applications appearing.
Similarly there are some technologies are invented in website optimization field. One of them is SEO and second one is SEM. SEO is the subset of SEM because in SEM we get the SEO results. So many people having Search Engine Optimizing experience prefer SEM as compared to SEO.
Two years later in the world there were hundreds of companies and organizations those were working for SEO techniques. But now the trend has changed, new discovery has been made in Search Engine Optimizing field. SEM has taken the place of SEO.
What is a web search engine?
Search Engine is software that is developed to fetch the information from other existing websites. A website is source of information having images, text and visual ads etc. Search Engine is responsible to crawling that site and showing the information against any search query. Search Engines are based on unique and fine algorithms that help it to search relevant and useful information.
Year By Year History Of Search Engines
- In 1993 Aliweb was launched.
- In 1994 WebCrawler, Infoseek and Lycos were launched
- In 1995 AltaVista , Magellan, Excite and SAPO were launched
- In 1996 Dogpile, Inktomi, HotBot, and Ask Jeeves were founded on www.
- In 1997 Northern Light was launched
- In 1998 Google was launched
- 1999 was the year of AlltheWeb, Naver, Teoma , Vivisimo Search Engines
- Baidu was founded in year 2000
- Info.com started its work in 2003
- Yahoo was developed in 2004 with its competitor a9.com
- 2005 was the year of MSN Search launching as well as Ask.com and GoodSearch were also launched
Search Engine Working
Working of search engines based on the following three steps.
- First of all search engine crawls the websites
- In next step it index the website in its memory
- In its last step, it does search from its memory against the certain words provided
If you want to index your page in any search engine on keyword basis then you will have to follow given rules.
- Use heading tags as h1, h2, or h3 around the keyword
- Use the word in article of 400 to 500 words more than 3 times and less than 10 times
- Use each first letter capital as “Search Engine Optimization”.
- In forums give user name with space as “ Hank Freid ”
Many search engines prefer bold tags too instead of heading tags so also include bold tags in your articles.